I know there are some business owners who take their responsibility seriously. Meaning they are interested in more than making a quick buck.
There are many people who want to make a difference, people who recycle, people who make environmentally responsible decisions, etc. But businesses are where the real difference can be made. Unfortunately, most business decisions are based on dollars and cents. Meaning buying things for the cheapest cost, regardless of how they were produced, where they were made, if they are sustainable, etc.
It is frustrating, because if big business (or even small business) got behind these ideas, a real positive change could occur. Unfortunately, it’s only a very small percentage who think like this. And even more unfortunately, small business owners who may make the “right” decision, have to make the wrong one because cost is truly a major concern.
More people of power need to start thinking in a sustainable way.
- What Most Business Owners Don’t Understand (But Should Learn)
- Can I possibly create a business based on things I already know?
- Organic Valentine’s Day Flowers
- See more about me and Idealist Cafe
- Add Idealist Cafe to your feed reader
- Or maybe sign up to get free updates by email
- Liking Idealist Cafe on Facebook is a good option
- Catch more frequent and random updates on Twitter
- Just reading this article is cool too! :)
Originally posted on Saturday, July 8th, 2006 at 10:06 PM .