Interested in my How to Hike Mt Whitney in One Day eBook?
Well, at around 14,500 feet, Mt Whitney is not technically the highest mountain in the United States, however it is the highest in the lower 48 states. If you have browsed this site at all, you will have seen on my inspiration page I say that “nothing helps your inspiration more than getting outside, breathing some fresh air, planting your feet firmly on the ground, and being amazed by nature.” As an avid hiker who has now climbed Mt Whitney, I can certainly attest to that.
I want to share with you my experience of successfully day hiking Mount Whitney about a month ago. It was an amazing and exhausting experience, and the scenery was breathtaking and certainly inspiring. The entire hike was around 22 miles with an overall elevation gain of over 6000 feet, and took about 18 hours, which included breaks to eat and rest.
Last year I didn’t quite summit, however this year I did. This photo is what it looks like at the summit.
- How to Climb Mt Whitney in One Day – eBook
- Some accomplishments … and things still to be done
- Should the United States Legalize Drugs?
- See more about me and Idealist Cafe
- Add Idealist Cafe to your feed reader
- Or maybe sign up to get free updates by email
- Liking Idealist Cafe on Facebook is a good option
- Catch more frequent and random updates on Twitter
- Just reading this article is cool too! :)
Originally posted on Tuesday, September 9th, 2008 at 11:16 PM .